The Pragmatic Christian

This pragmatic Christian is primarily concerned with pragmatism and its application to Christianity in terms of understanding and interpretation, as well as the changes that can occur in one's relationship to God and Christ as well as in one's life as a result of carrying out specific actions. In particular, the act of invoking faith.

Name:

My Websites: The Pragmatic Christian http://rclough.blogspot.com/, Ouroboros: Story Composition and Analysis Using Feng Shui and the Enneagram http://tap3x.net/EMBTI/j8clough.html , A Process Theory of Spiritual Transformation http://members.tripod.com/TarotCanada/Individuation.html , The Chi Coltrane Appreciation Page. http://chicoltrane.freeservers.com/ , The Dancer and the Piper. http://rclough.bravehost.com/index.html , Inclusionality Yahoogroup http://groups.yahoo.com/group/inclusionality/

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Accepting the results of science if they conflict with the Bible

I have a personal bias of accepting the results of science if they conflict with the Bible, even through Jesus once scolded Peter I think for using human reason to warn Jesus not to go to Jerusalem on a donkey before the easter event.
My only hope is that the Holy Spirit guided me to the scientific results, which can't always be in agreement with the Bible, particularly when science says that the negroes were the first men (and the other races were new "speciations" from them).
Very problematic, agreed. But in the final analysis, my heart and not my head accepts or rejects the scientific judgment.
It doesn't make sense rationally, only under the aspect of faith. When I read the Bible in faith, using the Barth model, the Holy Spirit gives us the correct interpretation. Presumably the same happens reading with scientific results.

On the other hand, it has been said that :

" the Bible and science never contradict because they talk about two
different kinds. The message in the Bible is spiritual. Christ says
that "one day of a man is 1000 years of God and 1 day of God is 1000
years of man". Therefore, the whole creation is still going on; all
days from 1-6; and evolution is one of the scientific aspects how it
is happening. (Even if evolution theories are not totally correct, it
is a fact that we have new strains every day, etc. "


16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent article. Keep posting such kind of information on your blog.
Im really impressed by your blog.
Hey there, You've performed a great job. I will certainly digg it and for my part suggest to my friends. I'm sure they will be benefited from this site.


Also visit my web page; Mh3 Skin Care

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I have truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts.
After all I will be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again soon!



Here is my web page Test Force Xtreme

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, wonderful blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?
you made blogging look easy. The overall look of
your web site is magnificent, as well as the content!



Here is my weblog - Muscle Maximizer Reviews

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! Its actually amazing piece of writing, I have got much clear
idea on the topic of from this post.

Also visit my website :: Buy Pure GCE

11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the marvelous posting! I seriously enjoyed reading it,
you are a great author.I will be sure to bookmark
your blog and definitely will come back from now on.

I want to encourage you to ultimately continue your great job, have a nice day!


Here is my webpage top anti aging products

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been surfing online more than 4 hours today, yet I never found
any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me.
In my view, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content
as you did, the net will be much more useful than ever before.


Feel free to surf to my blog post Test Force Xtreme

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the valuable info you provide in your articles.
I'll bookmark your weblog and take a look at once more right here regularly. I'm
reasonably sure I'll be told many new stuff proper right here! Good luck for the following!

My webpage; optimalstacks.net

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my first time pay a quick visit at here and i am in
fact happy to read all at single place.

Have a look at my blog: Test Force Xtreme

2:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read this paragraph fully concerning the resemblance of latest and previous technologies, it's awesome article.

Feel free to surf to my blog post :: Garcinia Cambogia Extract

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This piece of writing will help the internet viewers for
building up new web site or even a weblog from start to end.


Also visit my webpage ... Lift serum

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there, You've done a great job. I will certainly digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I'm confident they
will be benefited from this website.

my page - Le Parfait Skin Care

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there! I simply wish to offer you a big thumbs up for the great information you've got right here on this post. I will be coming back to your web site for more soon.

Feel free to visit my website ... buy raspberry ketone

1:20 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton outlet, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses, air max, prada outlet, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, prada handbags, nike free, coach purses, louis vuitton handbags, tory burch outlet, tiffany and co, ray ban sunglasses, coach outlet, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, coach outlet store online, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet, burberry outlet, louis vuitton, louboutin outlet, true religion jeans, oakley sunglasses cheap, chanel handbags, gucci outlet, coach factory outlet, michael kors outlet, louboutin, air max, christian louboutin shoes, polo ralph lauren outlet, oakley sunglasses, true religion jeans, ray ban sunglasses, nike shoes, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin, kate spade outlet, michael kors outlet, kate spade handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, tiffany and co, longchamp handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet

10:05 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

air jordan, converse pas cher, sac longchamp, polo ralph lauren, true religion outlet, air max pas cher, timberland, louboutin, polo lacoste, michael kors, air force, vanessa bruno, longchamp, sac guess, air max, lululemon, sac burberry, abercrombie and fitch, louis vuitton uk, ralph lauren, louis vuitton, sac louis vuitton, air max, hollister, nike trainers, barbour, vans pas cher, hogan outlet, true religion outlet, hollister, nike blazer, nike air max, nike free, nike roshe, mulberry, ray ban sunglasses, nike tn, ray ban pas cher, north face, nike roshe run, nike free pas cher, sac hermes, north face, michael kors, new balance pas cher, sac louis vuitton, michael kors pas cher, oakley pas cher

10:05 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

nfl jerseys, ugg pas cher, mont blanc, nike huarache, vans shoes, ghd, asics running shoes, north face outlet, valentino shoes, canada goose, chi flat iron, ugg, lululemon outlet, canada goose, celine handbags, mac cosmetics, p90x, instyler, canada goose uk, babyliss pro, wedding dresses, ferragamo shoes, canada goose jackets, bottega veneta, soccer jerseys, canada goose, nike roshe run, north face jackets, insanity workout, canada goose outlet, hollister, new balance shoes, reebok outlet, ugg boots, herve leger, abercrombie and fitch, rolex watches, marc jacobs, beats by dre, ugg boots, mcm handbags, birkin bag, longchamp, giuseppe zanotti, jimmy choo outlet, ugg australia, uggs outlet, soccer shoes

10:06 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

gucci, pandora charms, louboutin, ugg, baseball bats, moncler, canada goose, parajumpers, lancel, canada goose, wedding dresses, links of london, rolex watches, moncler, air max, ugg, moncler, toms shoes, hollister, pandora jewelry, moncler, oakley, ralph lauren, pandora charms, swarovski, ray ban, moncler outlet, converse, swarovski crystal, converse shoes, hollister, montre homme, iphone 6 cases, timberland boots, hollister clothing store, supra shoes, karen millen, juicy couture outlet, air max, moncler, vans, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, thomas sabo, moncler, coach outlet store online

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home